Saturday, June 19, 2010

July 2008:

Mom:He hasn't got his placement yet.That Satyam issue has created a lot of touble for them too.There's no chance of his joining Wipro before july 2009.

me: Are you sure???who told you???

Mom:He was here today morning,around 11.He wished he could continue teaching you.I am just wondering ,why is he so eager about this....you aren't that good a student.

Me:Really????so what have you decided???

Mom:I told him to come from tomorrow.You can continue with both the tuitions.

Me:Mum...are you serious???? I mean it wasnt that necessary.

Mom: Who is the mother....you or me....I can feel every breath of yours.

"Now what did she mean by that....and why on earth am I so excited...and why am I smiling...oh shit....I am blushing too....I do admit that these three months in between seemed like a year for me.... i felt as if a part of my heart was lost....Yeah....n I also did witness excessive secretion of my tear glands whenever i opened my physics book....especially that stupid chapter...MACHINES...and strangely enough I preferred keeping the ash tray filled with cigarette butts in my room....and kind of cherished that yukky smell.....But why suddenly am i feeling so relieved......I feel I got back that missing piece of my heart...I am totally confused.....what the hell is happening to me....do I need a psychiatrist???"

Wel this was my inner self....which by then already had a 90% hold on my outer mind...


Next day (7 p.m.):

Me: Electromagnetism sucks.Our teacher was doing it the other day.Must say... its awful.

He:Okay....we'll do it today.So,how is life going on????

Me:Oh..don't ask about life....First term exams were terrible...especially physics.Now please don't ask me the marks.

I looked up to him and found him smiling at me.....
Our eyes locked....
I realized that I was smiling too.....

Me: what??

I broke the silence.....He seemed to be a bit of embarrassed......

He:Pass me a pen.What's the page number?

He started turning the pages of "concise physics for class 10"......

Me:How will I know.Check it out yourself.

I said as I passed him a pen....
He took the pen and grabbed my hand.....
His eyes still fixed on the physics book.....
But extending his cigarette burnt,dark lips a little to give away a notorious smile....
I gave him a sarcastic dirty look....
And rescued my hand from his.....

Me:We must make it fast.I gotta go to my friend's place for dinner.

He:okay...okay...so it was Oersted who conducted an experiment on the magnetic effect of electric current which.........



No comments:

Post a Comment